H.E Gbehzohngar Milton FINDLEY
Hon. Gbehzohngar Milton Findley
Former President Pro-Tempore of the Liberian Senate and Former Senior Senator of Grand Bassa County
Name: Gbehzohngar Milton Findley
Date of Birth: July 2, 1960
Place of Birth: Buchanan City, Grand Bassa County
Father’s Name: Cllr. Joseph Findley (Deceased)
Mother’s Name: Mrs. Gertrude Findley
Marital Status: Married
Religion: Christian (Episcopalian)
Primary: Buchanan Demonstration Elementary School-Buchanan City
St. Peter Lutheran School-Monrovia
Secondary: William V.S Tubman High School-Monrovia
Tertiary: BSC in Electrical Engineering-Franklin University, USA
Advance: Master’s Degree in Sociology-Lund University, Sweden
Experience in Government:
Member-Senate Statutory Committee on Executive
Member-Senate Standing Committee on Education and Public Administration
Member-Senate Statutory Committee on Ways, Means, Finance & Budget
Member-Senate Standing Committee on Agriculture Forestry & Fisheries
Member-Joint Legislative Modernization Committee (JLMC)
Co-Chairman-Senate Standing Committee on Lands, Mines & Energy
Chairman-Senate Standing Committee on Posts and Telecommunications
Chairman-Senate Subcommittee on Revenue
Chairman-Senate Subcommittee on Procurement
Member-Board of Directors of Grand Bassa County Community College
Member-Multi Stakeholder Steering Group LEITI
Member-Board of Directors of the University of Liberia
Contribution to Bassa over the past 12 Months:
- In April 2012, Pro-Temp Findley made available 1.4 million Liberian Dollars to markets in Grand Bassa County in micro loans. This amount has since doubled due to the huge demand from several groups across the county.
- Increased the number of scholarship students to 123 in 2012. These students attend various Universities in Monrovia and the Grand Bassa Community College in Buchanan.
- Personally sponsored the construction of a hand pump in the Joe Quarter Community in Buchanan which cost 71,850LD. Residents of Joe Quarter Community had been without safe drinking water for a protracted period of time and reports said at least eight persons had died from water borne diseases over the past decades.
- Constructed a community latrine in the Tarr Bar Community in Buchanan, Grand Bassa County
- Donated a cow to the Muslim Community in Bassa during the 2012 Ramadan feast
- Made an initial contribution of USD2, 000 (Two thousand dollars) towards the construction of the Compound District #4 high school.
- Led a four-man delegation from SEA –Invest, Europe’s largest bulk and fruit shipment Company, which toured the Buchanan Port to identify possible areas of investment.
- Donated one hundred bags of cement towards the completion of the Blezee Administrative District community hall which was under construction in Barzi-Giah Town, District #3, GrandBassa County.
- Paid all WAEC Fees for both 9th& 12thGraders for the 2012/2013 school year.
- Donated 100 bags of cement toward the school construction project in Zadoegbo Town, #4 District, Grand Bassa County.
- Donated 50 bags of Cement towards the EC Church school construction project in District #4, Grand Bassa County.
- Donated eight bundles of zinc towards the women and youth centers in District #2, Grand Bassa County.
- Donated LD50, 000 towards the Barcorlin Women skill training program.
- Lobbied for scholarships and curriculum, student and faculty exchange programs at universities in the States of Maryland, California and Ohio in the USA during his visit there in September 2012.
Achievement at the Senate over the past 11 months during the 1st Session of the 53rd Legislature
- There were a total of 64 Sittings during the 1stSession of the 53rd Legislature presided over by Senate Pro-Tempore Gbehzohngar M. Findley.
- The Liberian Senate passed a total of forty bills.
- Concurred with 11 bills from the House of Representatives.
- As of the date of closing in September 2012, the Senate confirmed 250 nominees from the executive.